Thursday, July 10, 2014

New Math

          This coming school year we are switching to a new math program. This new program should be more closely aligned with the PA Common Core. Regardless, it is always goo to look for some fresh ideas on how to approach the topics. Chapter one covers both multiplication and place value. The two really do go hand in hand. If a student does not understand place value, they are likely to be all over the place with their multiplication.
          I wanted a little bit of everything to add to these topics. Extra worksheets are a good fall back so that you can have extra practice or already thought up examples. Some times I find my mind spinning trying to put together new number sequences when I really want to focus on the skill and the issue the student is having. Online games are great as a rotating station, in computer lab, or even for fun practice at home. At the end of the day, my computers are filled with kids playing an educational game or working on their typing skills. To wrap it up, I wanted some new songs. Even if the songs I found were completely cheesy, the students love them. I found a mixture of useful and silly tension easing songs for this round.
          Below are clips in Educlipper, kind of like educational Pinterest, of the goodies that I found.




If you would like to start your own clips go to https://educlipper.net/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment